Author: mmilince

BC Maximizer

It’s been a while since my last post, but I’m still alive and I promise to be more frequent with my writing. However, I want to thank my friend and colleague, Tin Fi┼íter, who is responsible for inspiring this post. The story goes like this: every time we’re on a call, he complains about having to manually click to open a page in a wide layout view. After hearing him complain about it for the 68th time, I got an idea; a simple browser extension could solve his problems. But not only his, I assume there are more people annoyed…

Relationship between BLOB fields and SetLoadFields()

It was great to hear a lot of positive comments after I published my previous post so I hope I won’t disappoint you and that this post will be at least as useful as the previous one. At the moment, we are experiencing some performance issues because of the BLOB fields. Maybe some of you have similar problems and possibly are not even aware of them. This seems like a great continuation of my blog. Because of that, the structure of this post is similar to the structure of the first one. Let’s get started with the Problem part. Edit…

Performance issues opening specific pages

I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, but I’ve just kept postponing it. Until now. Last week we had some performance problems connected to opening specific list pages. After finding the cause of the problem, I think there is a high possibility that others also have similar problems but aren’t aware of them. This actually seemed like a great introductory topic for my blog. Edit Microsoft introduced a fix for this problem in BC 19.4. The problem It all started when we noticed in Telemetrics that some of our customers have performance issues. Since the product…